Friday, August 20, 2010

365 day blog challenge?

Thanks, Kim Randall. I think your blog serves a different purpose than mine, but I still appreciate the gift of the idea of a 365 day blog challenge.

I have pretty much totally stopped journaling in my paper journal. Not sure if its an avoidance or a boredom or that I prefer writing for an audience. However, after 15+ years of journaling and nearly 10 years of blogging, I still struggle to find my writing voice and purpose. This blog is still a mish mosh of weird thoughts, rants, and uh... well I don't know. But I want to know.

Anyone who knows me well knows the story of my so very lofty tornado journal experiment - the one that I wrote in and never read until it was complete. I did this in order to practice some form of dedication and self control (it was difficult for me to resist the urge to read what I had just written). It took me a year to complete and it did indeed teach me the lessons I hoped to learn from it. Very interesting. I think my favorite part was that it was a writing challenge.

I am a writer, god damn it. I have to quit denying it. It is the one and only thing I know for a fact about myself. I don't know in what way shape or form I am a writer though.

So, if I truly am going to blog for 365 days...... actually, I don't know if I can or should. I have to think about it. I sometimes have a tendency or temptation to write things that I shouldn't post publicly. ..... but maybe that is what kind of writer I am?

.... taking votes...

1 comment:

  1. 365 days of blogging is scary to think about. This idea came to me and I gave no thought to it. I realized that I wanted to set a goal and not just something that was easy to achieve. I have always loved blogging, writing and sharing with others, but blogging for 365 days?!?! I still think I am crazy, but of all people to let down, I don't want to let down myself.

    I'm rooting for you if you choose to challenge yourself!

    ReplyDelete