Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crazy Chicago Blizzard of 2011

Wowie Kazowie! They have said a few times in past years that we were getting a so-called "blizzard," when really in fact it was just plain old snow. They just like to call it a blizard sometimes for some reason, maybe so they get better ratings on the news. But low and behold, last night we truly had a real life blizzard! There was even thunder and lightning! Crazy!! I can't believe people were actually getting stuck in their cars! I hope everyone was alright.

The whole neighborhood was out shoveling and snow blowing today, and I spent a good 2 hours digging and driving out my Cavalier, and possibly blowing out the engine in the process. I wanted to take a couple pictures of my scarves outside on the picnic table with a pretty snow backdrop, but uh... didn't look like that was gonna happen......


Picnic anyone?

Fortunately I was still able to take some indoor pics that turned out quite lovely. You can see them up for sale now on my Etsy shop! Stay warm and get a scarf! It's supposed to be crazy cold the next couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment